Saturday, February 6, 2010

2/6/2010

Insight:
"Always do right, it will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Gandhi

shallow says a bird while gazing into a river, for how much he can see it is surely the truth.

The second line there spoke to me through the first, because what Gandhi said is powerful, and conceptually beautiful, but it's moments like we had today where we put aside differences and put other peoples needs before our best interests that we can realize how deep this river really is. I gotta learn to be a better swimmer, or maybe learn to dive.

A ton of snow today, everyone had to pull together and we ended up able to do some great things. It was made more apparent that in times of crisis it's really important to keep a good attitude (maybe that all the time!). With everyone forced to deal with eachother and to come together to accomplish a very hard thing it's easy for tensions to arise over trivialities. In the end though the deck and the driveway were shoveled out, a lot of trees were shaken so the weight of the snow didn't permanently damage them, we probably shoveled out a football field length path of snow into the street so that cars could get out. No plows down this road in Severna Park. On top of that we helped a man and his children shovel out a neighbor, who's wife insisted she pay us and we insisted (we won) that she keep the money or donate it.




Structural: Sleep 6 hours nightly

Went to bed just about right on time, woke up to see about two feet of snow outside and headed out to shovel. Was able to clear the driveway and head in to start a fire before everyone was really up. Lots of energy, we all shoveled through the day, to lay still in bed at the night felt like an alien experience.

Physical: Stretch regularly (min 20 minutes)
After all the shoveling my muscles were just about doing everything they could to beg to be stretched. I had decent session with a tennis ball, where a lack of energy to move really worked to my advantage. If I realize I haven't stretched now I'll try to find something physical I can do, otherwise I'll subscribe to Justin's pure movement warm up. If I attach it as a necessary end to being physical I'll start doing it more.

Mental: Learn 10 common sayings in 10 different languages
Watched once, picked up a couple new phrases

what a beautiful movie

Miluješ ho - [Czech] Do you love him
miluji těbe (milyu tay)- [Czech]I love you

An scannán is fearr ariamh - [Irish] the best film ever


Musical: Listen to only classical music

While we were making breakfast Eva brought a CD she had with the 100 greatest melodies of all time, a good amount of them were classical and it was cool to realize that they were mostly pretty recognizable. I'm still in music withdrawal though, I miss all my tunedudes.

Creative: Practice better penmanship

Just one note writting, we spent most of the day outside working so i'm not too concerned about missing this.
Emotional: Hug 5 people
snow hugs for me
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment