Friday, February 12, 2010

2/12/2010

Insight:
I realized that in the past while I've looked to improve myself by removing some weaknesses I have overlooked others.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

Grow and learn from all experiences and no pain will be for nought

No longer looking to be a little groggy in the morning, as best I can from now: once I'm up I'm up.

I told Nikkie I would E-mail her earlier this week, I'd started it but hadn't sent it out. For the most part with the lists I've been able to keep up with who I need to contact with E-mail and Phone, I need to get better still. She told me to break more promises. It's a hard balance between wanting to be a man of my word and the desire to take on more responsibilities, If I try and pick up a whole lot of things a few may slip, but this may be the best way, I'll give it a shot.

Structural: Sleep 6 hours nightly
fell asleep around 1, woke up at 7:30 and snapped out of bed. Was productive. Ended up falling asleep in the car to avoid listening to the wrong kind of music.

Physical: Stretch regularly (min 20 minutes)
Periodic stretching of problem areas from the hill runs, calves, stretching out my forearms too. Until stretching with Justin I didn't realize how inflexible my shoulders were laterally, so I've been trying to focus on that too. As kind of a stretch I've decided I need to improve my posture while sitting, it definitely has led towards shorter hamstrings.

Mental: Learn 10 common sayings in 10 different languages
I learned a couple in the car ride to DC:
Semper Ube Sub Ube - always wear under wear (Latin) [Zac]
Zut Alors - Well %^&* (French) [Janine]

Musical: Listen to only classical music
Slept and moved away from the wrong kind of music, Mr. Cohn played the piano a bit but otherwise no classical today.

Creative: Practice better penmanship
Started writing, my project seems more daunting now as I have plans to leave, I hope to find the time to do it.

Emotional: Hug 5 people
Back to the "Hug Me!" sign. I hugged all the regulars in the gym and got a few from some of the waitresses at hooters. They need hugs too! Probably somewhere around 10 different people altogether so I'm starting to make up for the deficit.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment