Friday, February 5, 2010

2/5/2010

Insight:
"We want to make good time, but for us now this is measured with emphasis on "good" rather than "time" and when you make that shift in emphasis the whole approach changes." -Pirsig

I read that and realized I hadn't been making good time with the right emphasis, and I realized how great walking places really is.


Structural: Sleep 6 hours nightly

I went to bed a little late but still woke up early and had energy all through the day.

Physical: Stretch regularly (min 20 minutes)
I haven't stretched nearly as much as I should have been. I'm thinking now that I should stretch after training or doing something physical and just make sure to do enough of that to get my stretching in. I stretched before bed but really only a bit.

Mental: Learn 10 common sayings in 10 different languages
My Idea here is to write out all one hundred phrases in my notebook, to keep track of how many I've learned along with telling me how many I need to learn. That should help my handwriting also!

Musical: Listen to only classical music

No classical music today, and a bit of music withdraw. I find myself singing to myself songs I didn't see any importance to before. Yesterday I sang "brush that dirt off my shoulder" and today I was singing Willy Mason and Paul Baribeau on a walk I took.

Creative: Practice better penmanship

I've been writing more notes, keeping better track of things with my notebook. I also figured out that if I write with my arm and keep my hand on the paper then my penmanship does improve. Writing with the arm off the paper makes it pretty silly. I also started writing my best for some notes, I'm thinking that will eventually effect my fast writing. For now it's similar to my methodology with Parkour: do it as slow as you have to to do it right.

do it write.

Emotional: Hug 5 people
I gave myself a bye on this today, I got a fair amount of hugs yesterday and since I'm not in or around a city I'm not in contact with as many people. It's not a great excuse but it's also not the situation I've adapted to for hugs, yet.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment