Thursday, February 4, 2010

2/4/2010

Insight:
It is easy to hear, hard to listen.

To listen to someone is to value their words more than your own.

Listen and you will develop intuition.

Structural: Sleep 6 hours nightly
I went to sleep a little towards the late side, 12:30 or so, woke up at 8 and was up and at 'em. I had energy all day and didn't take any naps. This is pretty much the best I could have hoped for as an effect. I had time to quietly reflect and was also up and good to walk with Janine to CoCo. It was nice to start the day off right, with a hug.

Physical: Stretch regularly (min 20 minutes)
Stretched briefly when I got up, I think I need to learn a better routine.

Mental: Learn 10 common sayings in 10 different languages
Didn't learn any new phrases.

Musical: Listen to only classical music

Classical has been going great, listened Zac's Mozart channel on Pandora most of the day. While training Miles put on some retched sound and Zac changed it to the classical station.

'Miles put on some retched sound so Travis threw him to the ground' - Zac

Creative: Practice better penmanship
Got a notebook, trying to write more, seeing a little improvement in my handwriting. The small talk/big talk thing sounds good but it didn't pan out so well. It ended up being a semantic battle with myself to figure out where the line was drawn, but I did talk less because of it.

Emotional: Hug 5 people
I suppose this would lend well to handwriting as well. I made a "HUG ME!" sign and put it on my back. I got hugs from Skipper, Travis, and Miles. Walking around DC I was stopped by a couple of girls at the bus stop who wanted hugs. In Safeway I was given a hug by a nice lady with her child, he asked who I was and she told him "just a boy who wants to get hugged". She told me that there wasn't enough of this around.

I saw some people that really looked like they could use a hug, I offered to one and she said she doesn't hug nobody. Maybe I can help to change her mind!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment