Thursday, February 11, 2010

2/11/2010

Insight:
I had a dream about listening to all sorts of music I shouldn't have. I was rolling down quaint rocky streets in New Orleans, critiquing Danny Devito's latest scheme of turning Staples into a tiny gift farm, all the while headed to a Mason Jennings concert. This was after I had spent a while on the schoolyard making mix CDs for the pretty girls, with all the songs I had grown to appreciate, I remember thinking in hindsight that I hadn't even thought of the songs that had always made a strong connection with me. Those girls got rubbish CDs, I know it.

Today was great, for a workout we played Bananagram, if you aren't familiar with the game you take 7 letter tiles out of a bag, flip them simultaneously, and whenever someone has used all of their tiles to make connected words, scrabble-like, they say peel and everyone takes another letter. We put the bag at the bottom of the hill by the water at Zac's house, and played in his dining room. Ended up being a bit more than 40 hill sprints through two and a half feet of snow. Always great to give yourself a reason to stretch.

If the task at hand looks too daunting just keep your head down and keep going forward, it's only another lap through the snow before you find a place for that Q tile.

Keep moving forward: you'll reach your goal.

Structural: Sleep 6 hours nightly
Went to be at 1, woke up at 8:15 naturally, a good balance I might be getting closer to falling into my natural rhythm


Physical: Stretch regularly (min 20 minutes)
After a hardy bout of snow-nana-gram Zac and I stretched it all out, went through a pretty good lower body routine. Well over 20!

Mental: Learn 10 common sayings in 10 different languages
I learned a lot of new ones today just by asking the people around me. Eva gave me Tashi Dele which is Hello in Tibetan. Janine handed over a slew of french and arabic phrases. Some of my favorites were "Je pense que tu es belle" which is I think you're beautiful in French and "Busa" which means a kiss on each cheek in Arabic.

Musical: Listen to only classical music
Listened to soft Classical through stretching and in the background during dinner. These are good times for it.

Creative: Practice better penmanship
I've been writing a lot more in my book, trying to write my best more and more, proper with the arm. Wrote up a contract for Snow-nanagram making Zac agree to no foul play. Signed it and realized I should probably work on my signature.

Emotional: Hug 5 people
Hugs on hold but should be back in DC tomorrow to collect what I'm owed, with interest.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. As i said before, i dig the blog. i was curious though about the reason behind the hug portion. You never seemed to unwilling to give hugs. As you may know i used to go a free hugs event in union most saturdays. Always good to give some love.

    Also if by the time you get back up here you're short on french phrases, Claire will have a buttload for you when she gets back from paris. I've been trying to pick up some common phrases that i've heard her repeat a few times. French is kinda tricky though since words can really change slightly or completely depending on context

    one more thing....get your butt back to new york.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine suggested it. I realized that though I'm not unwilling to give hugs I haven't really sought them. I thought it would be a good experience to step outside my box a bit and get and give some hugs. I've hugged people I otherwise wouldn't have and I've been hugged by people who looked as though they really needed it.

    Definitely looking to get some phrases from Claire then, or what you remember. If you know any Portuguese ones I'm interested in those too!

    ReplyDelete