Monday, March 1, 2010

February Conclusion

Insight:
"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer"
- Albert Camus

There is an eternal positive energy source, I definitely haven't tapped it yet but I'm starting to grasp the concept. Negativity was a powerful force in my life, and I saw times when I could use it for this project. I used to rationalize and say that negativity redirected to positivity was a good thing, and in a situation where you don't know what to do, if you're angry or sad and you want to go train to get it out, this is a good solution, but I feel now that the best thing to do is find your invincible summer.

When I say negativity was a powerful force in my life, what I mean is when it came to me I tried my best to redirect it positively. This harbored a destructive relationship though. My training was laden with self denigration. There was no desire to be stronger, it was only a desire to not be so weak. I used it similarly elsewhere, and feel as though I could have used it a lot in this experiment, to potentially better results.

Strictly speaking I didn't succeed at my experiment this month. In the end I fell short of all of my goals, but what I did came from positivity, a desire for growth. My goal was to take a step into the unknown to see what I could see, I may have only gotten one foot out the door, but I know I'm on my way.

I know what I've learned this month will continue to help me, I look forward to next month and a new array of interesting challenges!


Structural: Sleep 6 hours nightly
This is probably what I've stuck to best, waking up early definitely has it's perks and over time you adapt to a specific sleep cycle.

On the positive I found myself waking up naturally when I wanted to, I felt well rested and it was generally easier to be on track the days that I stuck to this plan.

On the negative if I stuck to this a lot I would miss out on key interaction hours.

Physical: Stretch regularly (min 20 minutes)
I have stretched more this month than probably the rest of my life combined.

On the positive I see how inflexible I am in some areas, and that will help me to better fix this.

On the negative I see how inflexible I am.
Mental: Learn 10 common sayings in 10 different languages
I am about 70 short here, which is rough, I've got some others that I couldn't verify to some extent online or that I wrote only as phonetic so I didn't put them up.

On the positive I learned a bunch of phrases, some I'm inclined to use at times, others I've already used. More than that I realized how much different language is all around, I believe I'm one step away from an incredible wealth of language.

On the negative I'm one step away and yet I didn't make it. I know that if I had asked everyone I knew I would have more than come up with the 100 phrases necessary.

SPANISH
Cuidese: Take care [Spanish] (Xian)
Que hubo: What's up [Spanish] (Xian)

GERMAN
Fleischwurst: Bologna [German]
Schweinhund: Pig-dog [German](Borga)
Dumkopf: Dumbass [German] (Borga)

RUSSIAN
Na zdrovyeh: To Health [Russian] (Community)

PORTUGUESE
Nao fode nem deixa foder: Does not and does not let %^*& [Portuguese] (Cristal)
Tudo Bem: "Wuz poppin" [Portuguese] (Cristal)

LATIN
Semper Ube Sub Ube: always wear under wear [Latin] (Zac)

TIBETAN
Tashi Dele: Hello [Tibetan] (Eva)

ARABIC
Busa: A kiss on each cheek [Arabic] (Janine)

POLISH
Prosze: Thank you/Please [Polish] (Borga)
Jak tam stary: What's good pimpin [Polish] (Borga)
Dobra Noc: Good Night [Polish] (Borga)
Daj Mi Wodka, Albo Cie Zabije: Give me vodka, I'll kill you [Polish] (Borga)

FRENCH
Peut-etre: Maybe [French] (Claire)
Peut etre: May be [French]
Bizou: A kiss on each cheek [French] (Janine)
Zut Alors: Well %^&* [French] (Janine)
Je pense que tu es belle: I think you're beautiful [French] (Janine)
J'ai la fievre: I have a fever [French]
Raison d'etre: reason to be [French]
Decouper: Cut out [French]
Je t'aime mon petit ami: My boyfriend, I love you [French](Pyro)
Mon petit Chou Chou: My little cabbage [French] (Janine)

IRISH
An scannán is fearr ariamh: the best film ever [Irish]

CZECH
Miluješ ho: Do you love him [Czech] (Once)
miluji těbe (milyu tay: I love you [Czech] (Once)

JAPANESE
Oishi: Tasty, delicious [Japanese] (Xian)
watashi wa neko otabi mas: I eat cats [Japanese] (Justin)
Watashi no meishi desu: This is my namecard [Japanese] (Justin)

ITALIAN
Ci vediamo: We'll see eachother [Italian] (Janine)

Musical: Listen to only classical music
This was a combination of learning a little bit about classical and a lot about not listening to music.

On the positive I learned that classical makes for good whistling music, and that watching parkour videos or action scenes from movies with classical music on makes for a very epic feel.

On the negative I miss my tunes. I've been craving them

Creative: Practice better penmanship
My handwriting is better, and I feel with that goal in mind it will continue to improve.

On the positive I learned that writing lists is really good for remembering things.

On the negative I didn't have a strict goal here so I have no way to gauge success. I did decide I was going to write a letter every day, and I'm yet to complete any of them so far.

Emotional: Hug 5 people
Hugs are everywhere.

On the positive I learned that there are people out there looking for hugs, that everyone needs them, they are a healthy part of this complete life.

On the negative, I didn't get my quota, I should continue to work towards meeting it.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment