Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3.9.2010

Insight:
Here's some Thoreau as part two of the weekend insight:
"I have learned that the swiftest traveler is he that goes afoot"

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till the other is ready"

Immediacy

how many days spent saving and planning and waiting

when do we travel the path to our dreams.

Culinary: Bake 7 loaves of bread a week.
Started a double batch today, not sure what it will shape up into tomorrow

Physical: No shoes
Got some nice shots of my shoes today, so I had to be wearing them. My feet have started to become uncomfortable in shoes though.

Structural: Workout before breakfast
Training day today at Roosevelt with Pyro and Ludovic. I'm not sure whether this is a good excuse or not.

Creative: Create one thing
Started working on a poem, thought it would be up but it's not quite done yet.

Mental: Watch a TED talk
Eric Lewis : an astonishingly talented crossover jazz pianist. Parts are amazing and other parts I really don't understand. Definitely talented, but it gives insight to a genius misunderstood.

Social: Compliment 5 people
A couple compliments, but I've actually been at a stasis with this, Zac had suggested I instead 'talk' to one person, or one new person. This ended up clouding my hierarchal needs. I wasn't sure which was more important, the thing I said I would do or the thing I thought I should do. So I ended up not doing either. Not a good solution. 5 compliments this month.

Musical: 5 New Bands
This is actually a similar problem as compliments, but with a different hierarchy. I'm relying on someone else for guitar lessons, but when those aren't possible (they haven't been yet this month) I've decided that my day to day should be listening to 5 bands I haven't yet.

Ra-ra-riot: I can dig it
Tokyo Police Club: Not bad
The Stranglers: Not a fan
The Scene Aesthetic: kinda whiny, but some nice sound and good lyrics
Eric Lewis: See TED
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment